We are Vintage and The City, this is our website available at https://www.vintageandthecity.co.za and these are our legal terms, including our
- Terms of sale – which you agree to by checking a checkbox when you place an order through this website; and
We may change any of these terms at any time by updating this web page.
If you have any questions about our legal terms, please contact us.
Vintage items are one of a kind and can range in condition from either excellent condition or flawed. The latter will be communicated in the item description so, please be sure of your purchase as we do not refund vintage items.
However, you are welcome to exchange the item, within 7 days after receipt, for another item of the same value or more, alternatively, we can give store credit (valid for one month).
Refunds and exchanges must be communicated within 7 days after receipt of the product.
How do I return my item?
To return your product, send it to:
Vintage and the City, 7 Duck Road, Lotus River, Cape Town, 7785
The cost of returning your item will be for your account.
How does an exchange or refund work?
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed – less the original postage charges, and within 2-3 days of the returned items reaching our offices.
What are the Terms & Conditions of a return?
Our Returns Policy lasts 7 days. If 7 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we cannot offer you a refund or exchange.
Please note returns refer to new items only, not vintage items.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, with the original labels attached. It must also be in the original packaging in which your order was delivered with the original labels attached.
Alternatively, place the items inside a clean plastic bag and seal securely.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded.
The following items we will unfortunately not accept returns on:
- Swimwear and Bodysuits
All orders shipped with Fast Way Couriers. All orders can take up to 3 business days to process, regardless of the shipping option selected at checkout.
We encourage all customers to thoroughly review their shipping and billing information prior to checking out to ensure any possible delays are avoided.
Delivery Time Frames and Charges
Fastway operates Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
Delivery costs are set at R80 for deliveries within South Africa only. For any deliveries outside South Africa, we will quote separately based on your location.
Delivery time frames are as follow:
- Central Cape Town and surrounds 2 to 3 working days
- National (all major cities) 3 to 4 working days
- Regional (all other areas) 4 to 5 working days
For international shipments, we will try our best to deliver between 5-6 working days provided there are no customs delays. All orders are delivered duties unpaid, and all import taxes, duties, and customs fees, as well as compliance with the laws and regulations of the destination country, are the customer’s responsibility. For international destinations, please contact us and we will quote you separately for shipping. Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes.
- Licence. We grant you a limited licence to use this website.
- Breach. We may cancel your licence if you breach any of these terms.
- Framing. You may not frame this website.
- Capacity. You agree to the terms on the basis that you have the capacity to visit this website.
- Accurate information. You promise that you will give this website only accurate information.
- Ownership. We or our third-party licensors own all rights in this website.
- Trademarks. All our trademarks are our property and you may not use them without our permission. All other trademarks are their respective owners’ property.
- Restrictions. You may not change, hire out, reverse engineer, or copy this website without our permission.
- Own risk. You use this website at your own risk and we make no warranties about it.
- Indemnity. You indemnify us against any liability related to your use of this website.
- Direct damages limited. Our maximum liability to you for all claims for direct damages related to this website is R100.
- Indirect damages. We will never be responsible for any indirect damages.
** DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS DO NOT APPLY TO SALE ITEMS** Including the 15% Welcome Coupon and the 10% discount on three or more items amongst others.
- Introduction. These terms cover any transactions where we provide goods to you through this website.
- The parties. We are the vendor under these terms. You are the customer under these terms.
- Duration. These terms commence when you accept them and continue until terminated.
- Orders. You place orders with us on the following basis:
- you promise that you have the legal capacity to enter into the transaction;
- we only conclude an agreement when we dispatch our goods to you;
- we may cancel any order, but we will refund any money you have paid if we do;
- we conclude an agreement where you are domiciled; and
- each order is a separate agreement, but you breach all of them if you breach one.
- Goods. We sell the goods to you on the following basis:
- you will bear the cost and we will choose the way of packaging and delivering the goods unless agreed otherwise;
- we will do our best to dispatch the goods as soon as possible after you have placed an order, but we are not liable and you may not cancel an order if we do not do so timeously;
- risks related to the goods pass to you on delivery;
- ownership in the goods passes to you on payment of the fees in full; and
- you have the same rights against us as we have against our suppliers in terms of any warranty attached to the goods or imposed by law.
- Your data. You own all your data. When you enter your data into the system, you give us a licence to use it to provide the goods. We are not responsible for any of your data stored on our system.
- Intellectual property. We own intellectual property rights in our goods and you may not use those rights without our permission. We may prosecute you for any violations of our proprietary rights.
- Disclaimer. We disclaim all warranties to the extent allowed by applicable law. We are not liable for any defect that you cause.
- Fees and payment. You will pay us the fees on the due date. You may not withhold payment of any amount due to us for any reason.
- Direct damages limited. We are only liable to you for any direct damages that the goods may cause up to the total amount of fees that you have paid us for them.
- Indirect damages excluded. We are not liable for any other losses that they may cause you.
- Breach. Please don’t breach your obligations under this agreement. If you do, we have certain rights against you in terms of the law.
- Termination. We may need to terminate this agreement immediately under certain unlikely circumstances, including if we discontinue the goods, believe providing the goods could burden or pose a risk to us, have to terminate to comply with a law, or providing the goods has become impractical. If we need to, we will give you as much notice as possible in writing.
- Resolving disputes. We want to avoid disputes about this agreement and resolve them as quickly as possible. But if there is one, either party may inform the other of it in writing. The parties must first try to negotiate to end the dispute, then enter into mediation if negotiation fails, and finally, go to arbitration if mediation fails.
- Notices and domicile. We want to communicate with you effectively about this agreement. For this reason, the parties will send all notices to each others’ email addresses and choose their respective street addresses as their service addresses for all legal documents, but they may change either address on 14 calendar days written notice to the other.
- Force majeure. Things may happen that prevent you or us from complying with each of our obligations under this agreement. Neither party is responsible for breach of this agreement caused by circumstances beyond its control, but the other party may cancel the agreement on written notice to the other if the circumstances persist for more than 60 calendar days.
- Entire agreement. The agreement is the entire agreement between the parties on the subject.
- Changes. If we change this agreement by updating this web page, any changes will only apply to future orders.
- Governing law. South African law governs this agreement.
- Jurisdiction. You consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court.
- Purpose. This policy describes the way we handle your personal information.
- Personal information. Personal information includes information we collect:
- on submission when you place an order; and
- automatically when you visit this website.
- Acceptance. You may not order any of our goods if you do not accept this policy.
- Collected on submission. We collect your contact details and delivery address when you place an order.
- Collected automatically. We collect your Internet usage information when you visit this website.
- The purpose for collection. We may use any of the personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
- Consent to collection. We will get your consent to collect your personal information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it.
- Use. We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
- Sharing. We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you.
- Disclosure. We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
- Security. Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders.
- Retention. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary.
- Transfer. We may transfer your personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country.
- Updating or removing. You may choose to update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us by contacting us.
THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At Vintage and the City we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and process your personal information mainly to fulfill orders placed on our website and for marketing purposes. For this purpose, we will collect personal details including your name and address.
We collect information directly from you where you voluntarily provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
To gather contact information;
To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
For audit and record keeping purposes;
In connection with legal proceedings.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
WE MAY ALSO DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION:
Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to takes reasonable steps to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to prevent unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure, and we will inform you of any breaches in accordance with the Act.
OUR SECURITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES COVER:
Computer and network security;
Access to personal information;
Security in contracting out activities or functions;
Retention and disposal of information;
Acceptable usage of personal information;
Governance and regulatory issues;
Monitoring access and usage of private information;
Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, personal information also includes the following items:
All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
Change of name – for which we require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the department of home affairs.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website